Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Hungry, hurting and horny.

Im not at all sad to see this week end. Why? Well, it hasn't been the most fabulous week so far. We will be starting a new diet in our household this next week, which means my days of eating squeeze cheese and crackers for lunch and lucky charms cereal for dinner are numbered. :( This diet has gained quite a bit of popularity around here for its wonderful results, even though I've heard it's a little difficult to get used to. It's very strict, we're talking no carbs, no sugar, no fruit, and no dairy. Which means I have to start drinking my coffee black instead of my usual flavored and sweetened deliciousness. (a slight grumbling can be heard already) I have warned my coworkers to expect some food related bitchiness. We will be surviving on 5 oz of meat a day along with 4 cups of vegetables and unlimited lettuce (whoopty do). I might as well just change my name to bugs bunny right now. Hubby and I could stand to both lose about 40 lbs each. What is it about marriage or long term relationships that make you gain weight? Is it comfort in knowing you already got them? laziness? or an obsession with food? (okay, that last one is just me) At least this is only a short term diet and not a lifetime commitment. Good thing because I can only stay away from pasta for so long. I'm looking forward to possibly getting back some energy and (with some devine intervention) single digit clothing sizes.

In other news, hubby hurt his neck sleeping. Okay, not really. He took a nap on the couch and when he went to get up he felt something in his neck pull and now has been banned from work until he can see his dr and get an all clear. Getting myself a dr appointment is ridiculous. Call as soon as they open and hope to get a call back sometime in the next week, but He had no problem. Called, they said come in tomorrow. SEXISM! Okay, not really but it's not fair. I have to be just about dead before they let me come in. I'm feeling kinda whiney today, can you tell?

Tonight we had dinner according to our new rules. It was pretty good actually except that I still think mushrooms are nasty. Bleh. Now we will do our usual nighttime rituals of reading our son a book and putting him to bed. I do believe an early bedtime and some freaky business for Him and I is a wonderful idea.

And off I go to do just that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment